If neither rain nor hosing does a satisfactory job, just follow these simple instructions:
- Get an ordinary, long-handled car washing brush at your auto supply store. This brush has soft bristles, and the handle fastens onto the end of your hose, which allows you to wash the fence just like you wash your car.
- If the dirt is hard to remove, such as soot or grime found in industrial areas, wipe down the fence with a solution made up of the following: 1/3 cup household detergent (e.g. Tide, Fab, or equivalent powder detergent), *2/3 cup household cleaner (e.g. Soilax, Spic & Span or equivalent), * and 1 gallon of water. We have also found Magic Eraser or similar products work very well in most cases.
- If mildew is a problem in your area, use the solution previously mentioned, but substitute 1 quart of the water with 1 quart of liquid laundry bleach.
- If you want to wash down the entire fence, start at the bottom and work up to the top to prevent streaking.
- Follow the precautionary labelling instructions on the cleaning agent container. Protect shrubs from direct contact with cleaning agents.
Reference to proprietary names is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to imply endorsement
on the part of OK Vinyl Products for these products.