Vinyl is Strong
- Properly engineered vinyl posts are self supporting and do not require wood or steel inside to hold them up. Rails should also slide through the pre-routed posts for added strength instead of using brackets. Brackets are available for special cases where you need to attach your vinyl to an existing structure.
- Our vinyl fence and deck comes with a 30 year, fully transferable manufacture warranty backed by our supplier, Homeland Vinyl Products! For complete details on warranties and policies see our warranty 2018-FenceRail-POP-C1141-Warrantyweb (1).pdf
- Our ranch fence is made for horses and livestock. Some ranch fence is marketed for livestock but is really just perimeter fence not designed to hold up to the physical demands livestock often place on fencing.
- Homeland vinyl is engineered to last with the right combination of UV-inhibitors and impact modifiers.
- Vinyl has 5 times the tensile strength of wood. This means it will withstand more stress before stretching or ‘necking’ (in engineering or materials science, necking is a mode of tensile deformation where relatively large amounts of strain localize disproportionately in a small region of the material. The resulting prominent decrease in local cross-sectional area provides the basis for the name “neck”).
- Vinyl is 4 times more flexible than wood. So in most cases vinyl will withstand a blow without breaking but rather, if the force is great enough, will ‘pop’ out of the routed hole and can be reinserted. While most fences will never be struck with enough force if they do in most cases it is an easy fix.
- Vinyl has a high flash point of 900°F and does not readily ignite. It is categorized as being “self-extinguishing”. Vinyl fencing has been credited with saving houses from wild fires because it acted as a fire break.
Vinyl is Attractive
- When vinyl is fully routed no screws or fasteners of any kind are necessary. This eliminates the unsightly look of rusting or corroding fasteners on your fence.
- Will look good year after year.
- You’ll never have to replace it or settle for a yard that looks old and rundown. Maintaining a wood or metal fence is more work than you might think. Imagine having to repaint or repair a faded, rotted, chipped or rusted fence every year. Then as soon as you stop maintaining, your property starts to look old.
Vinyl is Flexible
- Product available in white, tan, adobe, and specialty wood look colours such as earl gray, mocha walnut, green teak and honey maple.
- Over 170 different standards styles and unlimited customization available.
Vinyl is Environmentally Responsible/Safe for Children & Animals
- No more painting or replacing your fence or deck due to normal wear and tear! From protecting your children, to preserving old-growth forests, vinyl is the environmentally wise choice.
- Vinyl replaces the need to harvest forests and trees for their wood.
- Vinyl requires no arsenic, chemicals or lead based paints to preserve it.
- Vinyl does not leach dangerous chemicals into the soil like preserved woods do.
- Vinyl is a recyclable material.
- Vinyl fences last a lifetime without replacement so they’re an efficiently used resource.
- Vinyl has a smooth surface. No more splinters, burrs, or chips!
Vinyl is Easy to Maintain
- No more painting or staining to protect or beautify!
- Will never absorb moisture, so it won’t blister, peel, corrode or rot.
- Simple to install.
- No insect problems will ever affect vinyl.
Vinyl Saves Money and Adds Value
- An attractive fence adds value to property.
- Return-on-investment (ROI). Initial up-front investment saves money and time later. Maintenance, repair, and replacement are virtually non-existent. Lifetime cost is cheaper than wood.
- Fence maintenance, repair and replacement can be a major (and ongoing) expense for homeowners, businesses, developments and associations. During the 1990s vinyl fencing has become an increasingly popular long-term solution to traditional wood fence problems.